1996 to Present-Meteorite Dealer, Consulting Geologist, Sole
Practice Attorney-Juneau, AK, now Port Townsend, WA.
- This is all pathetically out of date. I'll fix it sometime when I have time. Should add farmer to this, too.
1991 to 2002-Attorney, Sole Practice / Clough &
- Represent Exxon in Exxon Valdez Oil Spill litigation
- Business/contract law
1990 to 1991-Attorney, Faulkner, Banfield, Doogan &
- Alaska oil and gas tax and royalty litigation.
1987 to 1990-Attorney, Mountain States Legal
- Natural resource litigation involving the BLM, Forest
Service & environmental groups.
- Access, water, mining, oil & gas leasing, Indian,
grazing, and endangered species issues.
- Administrative agency work, constitutional law, and
1972 to 1984-Mining Exploration Geologist
- Thirteen years of base and precious metal exploration in
Eric Twelker & Associates, consulting geologist,
Resource Associates of Alaska, project manager/geologist,
Bear Creek Mining Co., geologist, 1975.
RioAmex (Rio Tinto), project manager/geologist, 1974.
El Paso Natural Gas, project manager/geologist,
- Registered Professional Geologist in Alaska.
- Managed up to six professionals and six support
personnel; up to $500,000 budget.
Academic Credentials & Honors
- J.D. degree, University of Denver, College of Law, June
- Order of Saint Ives: Class rank, 11 of 204.
- Denver University Law Review-Member; 1987 Sherman &
- 1986-87 Joe Rudd Scholar.
- 1986 Colorado Bar Association Mineral Law Writing Award.
- B.S. degree in geology, University of Washington, June
- Admitted; Alaska state & federal court, Colorado
state & federal court (1987), 9th, 10th, & D.C.
Circuits, United States Supreme Court.
- Alaska Miners Association, 1993-presentBranch
Chair, Vice Chair or Director.
- Director, Alliance for Juneau's Future, 1991-1993.
- Director; National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum, 2-87
- Meteorite Market--retail sales of meteorites.
- Developed 12.8 acre subdivision in Fairbanks, Alaska,
Twelker, State Law as a Limit on Local Regulation of the
Mineral Industry, 15 Colo. Law. 1657 (1986).
This paper analyzes preemption of local regulation by state
law. It is a condensation of a larger and more comprehensive
study of local regulation of the mineral industry which was not
Note, Mountain States Tel. & Tel. v. Pueblo of Santa Ana,
64 D.U. L. Rev. 391 (1987).
This paper analyzes the Supreme Court's treatment of contracts
between Indians and non-government parties.
Twelker, Defending Mining Claims and Mineral Leases in
Environmental Suits Against Federal Land Managers, 66 D.U.
L. Rev. 205 (1989) (reprinted in 26 Pub. Land & Res. L. Dig.
This paper is a detailed description of defenses that can be
used when mining claims or mineral leases are threatened by
environmental suits opposing federal land managers' issuance of
leases or approval of development.
Twelker, Twenty Years of NEPA: From Decision-Maker's Aid
to Decision-Maker's Dread, 25 Land & Water L. Rev. 119
This paper, which is in a special "twentieth anniversary
of NEPA" edition of the Land & Water Law Review, makes
the point that sound public policy should give more discretion to
the administrative agencies and less to the courts in the
interpretation of NEPA.
Back to The Meteorite Market home page.